Aquascape Faux Basalt Columns make it easier than ever to create an impressive, recirculating, 5-piece fountain. Five columns are included, measuring 18 inches, 24 inches, 30 inches, 36 inches and 42 inches in height. Each column is molded from real basalts and are handmade in the USA using fiberglass, resin, and real stone to provide a realistic and durable fountain
Real basalt is extremely heavy and can be difficult to install. Due to the lightweight nature of the faux basalts, installation is quick and easy. Each column provides a convenient base, making it easy to secure in place using decorative gravel. The included tubing and plumbing fitting install easily into the recessed area at the top of the fountain.
If desired, add a color-changing or warm white Fountain Light to illuminate the water. The set of 5 columns is great for use with large custom fountain reservoirs.
- Ideal for creating an impressive, 5-piece, natural-looking fountain
- Handmade in the USA using fiberglass, resin and stone
- (1) 18″, (1) 24″, (1) 30″, (1) 36″ and (1) 42″ column
- Durable and lightweight with stone texture
- Includes tubing (pump and basin sold separately)
|| (1) 24″, (1) 30″, and (1) 36″ column
|| Fiber-Resin Composite
|| (5) 3/4" x 6'
|Recommended Pump (not included):
|| Aquascape Ultra 2000 Water Pump
|| Custom using AquaBlox
|| 1 Year
- Columns are handmade using fiberglass sheets, resin, and stone aggregate
- Surfaces are easily repaired using a variety of commonly available products. These include:
- Black shoe polish
- Permanent marker
- Outdoor paint (Chocolate brown and Lamp black)
- Each column includes 3/4" flexible tubing and a small clear fitting. If desired the clear fitting can be replaced with one of the Aquascape Fountain Lights to illuminate the water outlet. If higher flows are desired, the column is designed to fit 1" Schedule 40 PVC pipe.
- The columns are designed to stand up to typical conditions and gravel is generally enough to keep them in place. However, if needed, the base can be further secured by drilling through the fiberglass base and securing to the desired surface using hardware or zip-ties.
- If desired, the base can be cut to fit the columns into tighter spaces. This can be accomplished using a grinder or Sawzall. It is recommended to wear proper eye and breathing protection when cutting fiberglass. Note: if portions of the base are removed, ensure the columns are properly supported/secured when installed.