Aeration is key to predictable performance from your pond. Your pond environment receives life-supporting oxygen from the atmosphere at the surface where the air and water contact each other, as well as from the photosynthesis of algae and plants below the water surface.
These processes are both affected by weather: available wind energy (wave action) and sunlight. Weather is unpredictable and that can create stagnant water and low oxygen levels. When there is no sunlight, there is no photosynthesis to create oxygen. In stagnant water, there is no physical energy to help the water and air exchange gases and water forms well defined layers of different temperatures. Poor environmental conditions in the pond for fish and other organisms are the result.
Aeration dramatically improves environmental conditions in your pond and helps keep good water quality predictable. Beneficial bacteria reduce sludge and nutrients, and there are reduced incidences of undesirable algae and odors. Winter ice is not allowed to seal the pond surface and restrict oxygen and gas transfer. Aeration allows your fish to thrive in an optimal environment and fish populations experience improved growth rates and vigor.
Robust-Aire diffused air systems provide deep water aeration for ponds and lakes. Diffused aeration is an effective method of aeration for ponds with depths greater than 8 feet. By using compressed air injected directly into the bottom of pond, a continuous flow of water is moved upward and thousands of gallons of water are mixed with little expended energy. A Robust-Aire™ energy efficient compressor injects air to the bottom of your pond with weighted, SureSink™ air line and into the Robust-Aire diffuser assembly. The diffuser breaks up the air into micro bubbles which rise to the surface. The rising of the air bubbles creates current which transfers low-oxygen water to the surface, allows it to contact the atmosphere, and breathe. Temperature layers are disrupted and fish are able to inhabit the entire water column. Oxygen levels increase and harmful gases in the pond water are expelled.
There is no disruption of the serenity of your pond setting, just the assurance that it is getting the oxygen that it needs.
Robust-Aire System Advantages
- No electricity in the water. This can be especially important where swimming is allowed.
- No floating equipment at the surface. Boating is not hindered and the natural view of the lake can be enjoyed.
- No electricity needed at the edge of the pond or lake. Robust-Aire can be remotely installed away from the waterâ€™s edge. Air can be delivered to the waterâ€™s edge instead of electricity. This can result in an installation cost savings. This option may be preferred where it is more convenient to have the compressor system consolidated with other equipment.
- Robust-Aire is more effective at aerating deeper waters than a floating fountain or high-volume surface aerator. Robust-Aire becomes effective at 8 feet of depth and increases efficiency with respect to water flow at the water deepens. Water is pumped directly from the bottom, all the way to the top. Robust-Aire compressors can inject air 50 feet deep!
- Robust-Aire is cost effective to purchase and operate for larger surface areas. These systems can effectively de-stratify and aerate deep lakes with much lower equipment costs and energy consumption. Robust-Aire systems are the most efficient on the market.
- Low maintenance. Most maintenance and inspection may be conducted onshore. Rocking piston compressors do not require internal maintenance as often as other compressors.
Robust-Aire Diffused Aeration is consistent with other product offerings by Kasco: quality design, efficiency, & professional assistance.
- Energy-efficient Robust Aire piston compressor with air inlet filter.
- Sure Sink weighted tubing.
- Robust Aire Diffuser Assemblies with weighted base.
- All fittings and clamps necessary to assemble your system.
- Multiple diffuser systems include a manifold with valves to control air flow to each diffuser.
- 1 year standard warranty.
Product Information Downloads
|| 10.9 Amps
|| 115 Volts
|CFM @ 10 psi:
|Length of 3/8" SureSink Tubing:
|| Large Base Mount
|Recommended Pond Size:
|| Up to 11 Acres