Peel & Stick Uncured Econo Flashing is a nominal 40-mil thick (1.5 mm) uncured EPDM membrane, laminated to a nominal 30-mil thick (0.76 mm), fully cured adhesive. This product is easily malleable and highly adaptable to irregular shapes and surfaces. Econo Uncured Flashing is self-curing and can be used to flash pipes and scuppers, as well as other rooftop structures and penetrations. The clear poly release liner on the 12"-wide product is pre-slit down the center, allowing the applicator to partially remove the liner for ease of installation.
1. The entire surface where the Econo Uncured Flashing will be applied must be clean. The adhesive on the back of the Econo Uncured Flashing will not adhere to dusted or dirty surfaces. Any residual contamination will be detrimental to the bond strength of the adhesive.
2. Remove all foreign material. a. Remove excess mica dust by brooming or wiping with a clean, dry rag. b. The use of Membrane Cleaner may be necessary. This process is essential on membrane that has been exposed for a number of weeks. Note: Permeation-resistant gloves (that meet ANSI/ ISEA 105-2005) are required for hand protection when cleaners or primers are being used. c. Allow the membrane to dry thoroughly before proceeding.
3. Apply EPDM Primer per instructions on respective product data sheets. Note: The use of excessive amounts of primer will not signifi cantly enhance the adhesion of the Econo Uncured Flashing to the EPDM membrane. Use only the amount necessary to obtain 100% coverage of the area where the Econo Uncured Flashing will be applied.
4. Allow the primer to fl ash off until it does not transfer to a dry fi nger touch yet remains tacky. Install Econo Uncured Flashing immediately after the primer has fl ashed-off to promote adhesion and avoid contamination.
5. Position the fl ashing over the area to be covered and press down the exposed tape adhesive using fi rm, even hand pressure across the entire area.
6. Immediately roll the Econo Uncured Flashing with a 2"-wide (50 mm) roller, using positive pressure. Roll across the fl ashing edge, not parallel to it.
7. To achieve proper adhesion of the Econo Uncured Flashing when jobsite temperatures fall below 40ºF (4ºC), heat the primed area of the membrane with a hot-air gun as the fl ashing is applied and pressed into place.
8. Econo Uncured Flashing is used to fl ash many different roofi ng system structures and penetrations. The specifi c method of applying the fl ashing for each individual situation is different.