PURE+ Filter Start Gel is a live, concentrated bacteria culture for use in new pond filters. The gel based solution will stick to the filter media, allowing the nitrifying bacteria it contains to rapidly colonise your filter. Once the filter media has been coated with PURE+ Filter Start Gel, the beneficial bacteria within the gel will speed up the maturation of your filter media, while helping to convert ammonia and nitrite, resulting in less stressed fish.
PURE+ Filter Start Gel now sits alongside the award winning PURE Pond Bomb and PURE Pond to make a full product range that should be added to every pond keepers’ armoury.
The PURE+ Filter Start Gel is well suited for use in bead filters, particularly Evolution Aqua’s K1 Micro Bead filters to speed up maturation from day one but is equally effective when spread on japanese matting, conventional beads and other types of filter media.
PURE+ Filter Start Gel is available in 1 Litre and 2.5 Litre sizes. The full range of PURE products are available from Evolution Aqua’s stockists.
- Live, concentrated bacteria culture
- Gel sticks to the filter media, allowing the nitrifying bacteria it contains to rapidly colonise your filter
- Beneficial bacteria within the gel will speed up the maturation of your filter media
- Helps to convert ammonia and nitrite, resulting in less stressed fish
- Available in 2 sizes: 1 Litre treats ponds up to 10,000 litres, 2.5 Litre treats ponds up to 25,000 litres
Directions for use
- Shake well before use to ensure the bacteria has not settled.
- Unscrew the cap and pour the contents of the bottle directly onto your filter media for best results.
- PURE+ Filter Start Gel is not intended to clear green water. It is recommended that an appropriate UV-C should be used to eradicate green water.
- PURE+ Filter Start Gel will work at its most efficient in pond temperatures above 12°C.
- You cannot overdose the filter with PURE+ Filter Start Gel
- We always advise the addition of oxygen to your pond via an airpump and diffuser when using PURE+ Filter Start Gel.
- Always perform regular water tests using a suitable test kit, especially before adding fish to the pond.
- If a UV-C is running, switch it off when dosing and keep switched off for 12 hours after dosing.
- Wash hands after use. Keep in a safe place out of the reach of children. If swallowed drink plenty of water.